Stay or go

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LadyGwen 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

BelleTolls
    Participant

I have a skin tag under my breast that has been there for a while. Lately it has started to really hurt. Before it would pinch a little if it rubbed against the underwire in the bra, but now I can’t even wear one. It is hurting even when I’m not touching it.
    The kicker is, I’m pregnant, so I don’t want use any creams that may hazardously soak into my skin. Any homeopathic suggestions or thoughts about how to remove them during pregnancy. I read that you shouldn’t remove skin tags while pregnant, but it’s really hurting.
    Thanks

LadyGwen
    Participant

I definitely wouldn’t use any over the counter creams if you are pregnant. Did you discuss this with your doctor or obgyn? I think the main reason you shouldn’t remove skin tags while pregnant is because pregnancy often causes skin tags to appear, so you may as well wait until you have all your “pregnancy skin tags” and then remove them together. This could be why your skin tag is now hurting? Not sure why but maybe.
    I imagine that some ways people remove them are also not great for when you are pregnant, like using those otc creams you mentioned. I also wouldn’t suggest freezing them off, but your doctor could best advice you.
    Personally, I would tie a piece of dental floss around it, but if it’s as sore as you say, that might hurt too much. Maybe some tea tree oil diluted with water on a cotton ball might help dry it out and stop it hurting as much.
    Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Help Skin Tags